[Snort-users] Barnyard with mysql is not working

Jason Lewis jlewis at ...2449...
Mon Oct 15 16:48:15 EDT 2001

I am attempting to use barnyard with mysql.  I am getting the following
error.

-*> Barnyard! <*-
Version 0.1.0-beta4 (Build 5)
By Martin Roesch (roesch at ...1935..., www.snort.org)
and Andrew R. Baker (andrewb at ...671...)

dp_alert loaded
dp_log loaded
dp_stream_stat loaded
Fast Alert plugin initialized
AlertSyslog initialized
Log Dump plugin initialized
LogPcap initialized
AcidDb output plugin initialized
Parsing Config file: /etc/snort/barnyard.conf
Args: mysql, sensor_id prozac, database snort, server pharmacy, user
snort
WARNING /etc/snort/barnyard.conf (81) => Unrecognized argument for
AcidDb plugin: mysql
You must specify a database flavor
Fatal Error, Quitting..
Exiting

I can't figure out what the problem is.  I am using the example in
barnyard.conf.

Jason Lewis
http://www.packetnexus.com
It's not secure "Because they told me it was secure".
The people at the other end of the link know less
about security than you do. And that's scary.