[Snort-users] Improving the speed of ACID

Jason Lewis jlewis at ...2449...
Mon Oct 15 16:45:09 EDT 2001

I have been following the threads on ACID being slow.  The recent
comment suggesting an upgrade to 1.3 seemed like worth a try.  I have
upgraded to 1.4 and things are zippy.  Page loads happen in 1 second
now.  I think upgrading to 1.4 might be the fix.

My DB is rather small right now, but it should be 1 mill+ entries in a
day or so.  Either way, I noticed an immediate speed increase.

Jason Lewis
http://www.packetnexus.com
It's not secure "Because they told me it was secure".
The people at the other end of the link know less
about security than you do. And that's scary.