[Snort-users] Snort, Oracle and Acid

Dominick, David David.Dominick at ...1813...
Mon Oct 15 10:19:03 EDT 2001

doh I looked right at it and did not see the create_oracle.sql
oops is it Monday?
so, are there any great guy/girls out there that just love oracle?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Costomiris [mailto:jcostom at ...2019...]
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 1:14 PM
To: Snort Users
Cc: Dominick, David
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort, Oracle and Acid

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 12:33:23PM -0400, Dominick, David wrote:
: Does anybody have a script for oracle written? I found some good ones for
: mysql that configured the database.
: I also need to know how to configure ACID for oracle. Does ./configure
: --with-oracle.... work?

I imagine the --with-oracle flag would work IF you've got your proper
$ORACLE_* environment variables set.

As for the script, it's right there in the contrib/ directory of the source
tree.  It's called create_oracle.sql.

If there's some Oracle genius out there that would like to port the
dozen or so functions in DB_pgsql.php out of the snortreport distribution
into something like say, DB_oci8.php, we'd think you were a great guy/gal.
:-)

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.