[Snort-users] Snort 1.8.1-RELEASE & FreeBSD 4.X (including latest 4.4-STABLE)

Mike Squires mikes at ...3026...
Mon Oct 15 07:15:02 EDT 2001

Borja Marcos

> 	Hello,
>
> 	I have been experiencing crashes in Snort 1.8.1-RELEASE under FreeBSD
> 4.X. The process died with signal 11.

It was suggested to me by a commentor from the snort-devel mailing list that
I try the beta; this appears to have solved my similar problem.

I can configure with the parameters to turn off MySQL, OBDC, and PostGres
code, otherwise standard.

The beta7 version has been up for 24 hours now, much longer than RELEASE.

I tried the debug code, but the version with debug code never failed.

MLS