[Snort-users] Re: How can I improve ACID Performance

Saad Kadhi bsdguy at ...1472...
Sun Oct 14 22:47:01 EDT 2001

On Wed, 2001-10-10 at 19:52, Marty.Bostick at ...3528... wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the responses.  To follow up with more information, I
> have the following setup as my hardware/software:
>
> Dual PIII/1.26ghz Compaq Proliant DL-380/G2
> 1 GIG RAM
> 3 36GIG Ultra-3 15k/rpm HotPlug Drives
> 3 10/100 NIC Adapters
> RedHat 7.1
> Snort 1.8.1
> MySQL v3.23.42
> ACID v0.9.6B15 Schema v1.03
what version of adodb are you running ? I had big performance issues w/
1.20 & (almost) everything is resolved w/ 1.31. also are u using
persistent connections ? I am no linux expert but I got better
performance after tweaking my openbsd kernel & adding some useful
options.

--
/saad
[put your signature here]