[Snort-users] IDScenter 1.09 public beta issue

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Fri Oct 12 08:28:06 EDT 2001

Ueli,

You've got it. If Snort is ran outside of the Snort folder you will have
to include the full paths in the include statements located in the
Snort.conf file. Check our site out for all the latest documentations
and builds for the Windows platform

-Mike

          Commercial Snort Support
               1.866.41.SNORT
Silicon Defense - www.silicondefense.com
Michael Steele - Snort Support Technician

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Rich
Adamson
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2001 5:47 PM
To: Snort Users
Cc: Kistler Ueli
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] IDScenter 1.09 public beta issue

Ueli,

I installed 1.09 on a Win98SE laptop with Snort v1.8.1 and it seems
to be working with one minor issue.

The "include" statements within the snort.conf file needs a full path
in order to find each file. (Example: "include exploit.rules" needs to
be written as "include c:\snort\exploit.rules".) Don't know if that
is a win32 porting issue, or maybe the IDS center should be executing
a "cd c:\snort" (or where ever -c option points to).

Rich