[Snort-users] Snort 1.8-Win32, build 74, on WinNT4.0 service pack 6

ible snover ible_snover at ...3793...
Fri Oct 12 00:39:10 EDT 2001

Hi everybody,

can someone tell me why my Snort is blocking all traffic through my modem??

I have Snort 1.8-WIN32, build 74, running with the latest rules, on WinNT 4.0 S.P. 6,

I have installed WinPcap.

Whenever i start Snort in IDS mode, it just blocks everything, i cant download
ANYTHING.... cant even check my email.

Sorry if this is the sort of problem which only Newbies have, but if I cant get Snort
working properly, I am never going to bother tinkering with it and becoming an expert
user.

Thansk for any help or suggestions,

John

----