[Snort-users] Unknown Sig Name ???

roman at ...438... roman at ...438...
Thu Oct 11 12:54:13 EDT 2001

Scott,

A couple of questions to further understand the situation:

- What version of ACID?
- What version of the DB schema?
- Do all signatures appear with the "Unknown Sig Name" string?

Log into the database and run these queries:

- In the database, check for any rows in the event tables which
have a signature = 0?
(SELECT * FROM event WHERE signature = 0)
- Check if there are any rows in the event table whose signature field
is not a valid key in the signature table (i.e. not a valid sig_id)

(SELECT DISTINCT signature FROM event;
  SELECT DISTINCT sig_id FROM signature;

  compare these lists)

Roman