[Snort-users] Re: ACID & $archive_dbname

roman at ...438... roman at ...438...
Thu Oct 11 10:37:14 EDT 2001

John,

If I am understanding you correctly, ACID is correctly archiving the
actual Snort alerts.  However, the various meta information generated by
snort is not being propagated to the archive database (e.g. AG
information, the event cache).

Am I correct in assuming you want this ACID meta-information to propagate
to archive database?  Copying over alert group information could be
possible, but moving over the event cache does not seem necessary.  By
definition the acid_event table is a cache; something to be flushed and
easily rebuilt as necessary.

Did I understand you correctly?
Roman

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/