[Snort-users] How can I improve ACID Performance

Ju Kong Fui kongfui at ...3775...
Wed Oct 10 18:59:12 EDT 2001

compiling mysql with the option "-static" can improve the performance by 13%

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Brotherston [mailto:lee.brotherston at ...2716...]
Sent: Wednesday, 10 October, 2001 10:14 PM
To: 'Marty.Bostick at ...3528...'; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] How can I improve ACID Performance

| I just don't get it.  I have a Compaq Proliant DL-380/G2 with
| Dual 1.26ghz
| CPU's and a Huge RAID 5 Array on Ultra-3 15k/rpm disks.  Why does ACID
| still suck wind?

You'll probably find that it's not the server, or MySQL that is causing the
problems with that.  You probably have a large number of entries in your
database.  When acid runs it has to go through these entries, and even if
MySQL can deliver quick results, it's entirely likely that the php
interpreter is causing quite a bottleneck for you.

I'd suggest running a regular archive of older information, so that you can
analyse only the more recent data.

Thanks

  Lee

--
Lee Brotherston  -  IP Security Manager, Easynet Ltd
http://www.easynet.net/         Phone: +44 20 7900 4444