[Snort-users] Re: How can I improve ACID Performance

Ju Kong Fui kongfui at ...3775...
Wed Oct 10 18:09:06 EDT 2001

try to re-index the snort database after inserting or deleting lots of
records.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marty.Bostick at ...3528... [mailto:Marty.Bostick at ...3528...]
Sent: Thursday, 11 October, 2001 01:53 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Re: How can I improve ACID Performance

Thanks everyone for the responses.  To follow up with more information, I
have the following setup as my hardware/software:

Dual PIII/1.26ghz Compaq Proliant DL-380/G2
1 GIG RAM
3 36GIG Ultra-3 15k/rpm HotPlug Drives
3 10/100 NIC Adapters
RedHat 7.1
Snort 1.8.1
MySQL v3.23.42
ACID v0.9.6B15 Schema v1.03

I have gotten some performance back by tweaking the MySQL memory settings a
little bit as well as the buffer settings thanks to Michael Reeves
suggestion(s).

Please advise as to what can be done to optimize the tables in MySQL once
several records have been deleted.

Thanks