[Snort-users] How can I improve ACID Performance

Reeves, Michael (GEAE, Compaq) michael.reeves at ...3457...
Wed Oct 10 07:34:12 EDT 2001

http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/e/Server_parameters.html

I have similar issues.. mine are attributed though to over a million
records. I did see a big jump in performace when I tweaked the database
memory usage.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Marty.Bostick at ...3528... [mailto:Marty.Bostick at ...3528...]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 9:56 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] How can I improve ACID Performance

I just don't get it.  I have a Compaq Proliant DL-380/G2 with Dual 1.26ghz
CPU's and a Huge RAID 5 Array on Ultra-3 15k/rpm disks.  Why does ACID
still suck wind?

I have tuned the heck out of everything I can think of.  I have reduced the
number of output plugins on Snort, optimized the Mysql tables and still it
sucks wind whenever I need to perform a large delete or select.

I am open to suggestions on improving performance(if it is possible) for my
installation.

Consequently, I am running three Snort instances outputting to three
different databases on the same machine.  My machine tends to remain about
80% idle as far as the CPUs are concerned.

Please help.

Thanks

Marty Bostick
Database Administrator