[Snort-users] How can I improve ACID Performance

Lee Brotherston lee.brotherston at ...2716...
Wed Oct 10 07:15:06 EDT 2001

| I just don't get it.  I have a Compaq Proliant DL-380/G2 with
| Dual 1.26ghz
| CPU's and a Huge RAID 5 Array on Ultra-3 15k/rpm disks.  Why does ACID
| still suck wind?

You'll probably find that it's not the server, or MySQL that is causing the
problems with that.  You probably have a large number of entries in your
database.  When acid runs it has to go through these entries, and even if
MySQL can deliver quick results, it's entirely likely that the php
interpreter is causing quite a bottleneck for you.

I'd suggest running a regular archive of older information, so that you can
analyse only the more recent data.

Thanks

  Lee

--
Lee Brotherston  -  IP Security Manager, Easynet Ltd
http://www.easynet.net/         Phone: +44 20 7900 4444