[Snort-users] How can I improve ACID Performance

Marty.Bostick at ...3528... Marty.Bostick at ...3528...
Wed Oct 10 06:56:12 EDT 2001

I just don't get it.  I have a Compaq Proliant DL-380/G2 with Dual 1.26ghz
CPU's and a Huge RAID 5 Array on Ultra-3 15k/rpm disks.  Why does ACID
still suck wind?

I have tuned the heck out of everything I can think of.  I have reduced the
number of output plugins on Snort, optimized the Mysql tables and still it
sucks wind whenever I need to perform a large delete or select.

I am open to suggestions on improving performance(if it is possible) for my
installation.

Consequently, I am running three Snort instances outputting to three
different databases on the same machine.  My machine tends to remain about
80% idle as far as the CPUs are concerned.

Please help.

Thanks

Marty Bostick
Database Administrator