[Snort-users] Snort with MySQL db stuffed to overflowing

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at ...79...
Wed Oct 10 03:26:10 EDT 2001

Dear all...

I've been (or I am, should I say) happily logging snort
data into MySQL, and in combination with ACID, all was
well with the world...

A combination of Code Red/Nimda and a couple of unattended
holidays have made this MySQL db end up on the wrong side
of 'enormous'.

I've been trying to download the cleandb Perl script (or something
similar) from incident.org, but failing that, can anyone suggest
methods of moving or trashing the db data semi-regularly to avoid
this problem?

I'm trying to avoid dropping the db and then making it again
and running the script to recreate the tables, but if needs must...

Thanks...

Peter Bates, Systems Support Officer, Network Support Team.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Telephone:0207-927 2124 / Fax: 0207-436 5389 / Pager: 07625 255362