[Snort-users] Silly startup Question

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Mon Oct 8 08:22:02 EDT 2001

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Tim Parker wrote:

> I am trying to set up a test Snort box following the install procedures from
>
> http://drsuse.org:8080/snort/snort18.html. I get all the way to the point
> where I am to test  the install with:
>
> snort -l /var/logs/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -o -b -A fast -z est
>
> and it returns that "command not found"
>
> I understand what the error means just not how to fix it......
>
> any help for a new guy! Thanks in advance....

It means that it's not along your path.  First off, where did you install
snort?  If you have it in something like /usr/local/bin then you should add
that to your path.  You also could specify the full pathname to the snort
executeable:  /usr/local/foobar/snort ...

Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy