[Snort-users] ACID and MSSQL

Stephen Shepherd drew600_1999 at ...131...
Fri Oct 5 15:54:03 EDT 2001

Okay so I started to take the next step today and get IIS,PHP,ADODB,and ACID
installed so I can avoid reinventing the wheel using MS Access.  Alas the
latest version of ACID 9.6b16 seems to only support mysql and postgres.  I
have been looking at the .php files and it looks like I may be able to get
it to run if I add logic to handle the mssql DBtype in the
acid_db_common.php and acid_db_setup.php files.

So here are my questions:

1.) Am I setting myself up to fail?  Has anyone else attempted this?
2.) Does PHP 4.06 for Win32 compiled with support for mssql?
3.) Should not the use of ADODB allow the PHP script to be DB independent?

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks