[Snort-users] Central Report for IDS-System

manfred.steinbacher at ...2764... manfred.steinbacher at ...2764...
Thu Oct 4 12:48:03 EDT 2001

Hello

Have anyone an experience how long I need to make following solution:

We want to install there IDS-Snort Senors and one central Management
station.
The question what I have now:
What does I need to make a central solution (MySql and ...)?
How stable is this solution?
How much time must I spend to get this system up and running ?
Is it possible to encrypte the data-transfer from the sensor to the
management station.
Which OS should we use (Linux (RedHat or Debian), SUN ..)

Many Thanks for any information
manfred