[Snort-users] Comparison of snort with other (commercial) IDSes available

Rob Collins robtompc at ...131...
Thu Oct 4 11:27:03 EDT 2001

www.snort.org has the following link;
http://www.networkcomputing.com/1217/1217f2.html

-=-=-=-=-

Hi Snorters,

does anyone know where to find comparisons between
snort and other
(commercial) IDSes like Dragon, RealSecure and
CyberCop? I would
appreciate
objective statements including but not limited to
flexibility, costs,
possibilities, false alarms, tools, expenditure of
time to implement in
production environment, advantages/disadvantages
compared to snort, ...

Also some success stories would be fine.

Please don't tell me: "Snort rules" etc. since I know
and use it but
there
are still some people who think Open Source is
something not for real
production environments.

TIA

Regards,
Sandro

=====
--r
"Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again." -- F. P. Jones