[Snort-users] snort local.rules help

Franki frankieh at ...2806...
Thu Oct 4 07:13:02 EDT 2001

yeah, I did that too with logcheck, and now it nightly emails me 5 mb lists
of deny rules...

it used to be ok when there was only a thousand lines or so, but this is
ridiculous...

rgds

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of John Sage
Sent: Thursday, 4 October 2001 9:57 PM
To: Brent
Cc: 'snort-users'
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] snort local.rules help

Brent:

Of ACID,  I know not..

It's a GUI-based front end for analysis, but snort is very happy without it.

I don't use ACID at all (heh.. haven't for 25 years.. oops.. hmm.)

Depending on your command line, and the settings in snort.conf, snort
will log where ever you tell it to..

Logcheck (the logcheck from Abacus/Psionic, anyway..) just watches what
gets put out by syslog and acts according to what it's been told to
monitor, and how it's been told to respond.

I use logcheck to email my firewall DENY's and snort alerts to several
other boxes on my network

- John

--
John Sage