[Snort-users] snort local.rules help

John Sage jsage at ...2022...
Thu Oct 4 06:58:02 EDT 2001

Brent:

Of ACID,  I know not..

It's a GUI-based front end for analysis, but snort is very happy without it.

I don't use ACID at all (heh.. haven't for 25 years.. oops.. hmm.)

Depending on your command line, and the settings in snort.conf, snort
will log where ever you tell it to..

Logcheck (the logcheck from Abacus/Psionic, anyway..) just watches what
gets put out by syslog and acts according to what it's been told to
monitor, and how it's been told to respond.

I use logcheck to email my firewall DENY's and snort alerts to several
other boxes on my network

- John

--
John Sage