[Snort-users] Comparison of snort with other (commercial) IDSes available?

Poppi, Sandro Sandro.Poppi at ...3316...
Thu Oct 4 06:51:02 EDT 2001

Hi Snorters,

does anyone know where to find comparisons between snort and other
(commercial) IDSes like Dragon, RealSecure and CyberCop? I would appreciate
objective statements including but not limited to flexibility, costs,
possibilities, false alarms, tools, expenditure of time to implement in
production environment, advantages/disadvantages compared to snort, ...

Also some success stories would be fine.

Please don't tell me: "Snort rules" etc. since I know and use it but there
are still some people who think Open Source is something not for real
production environments.

TIA

Regards,
Sandro