[Snort-users] snort.conf

John Sage jsage at ...2022...
Thu Oct 4 06:31:05 EDT 2001

Dave:

In snort.conf for 1.8.1-RELEASE:

# You must change the following variables to reflect
# your local network. The variable is currently
# setup for an RFC 1918 address space.
#
# You can specify it explicitly as:
#
# var HOME_NET 10.1.1.0/24
#
# or use global variable $<interfacename>_ADDRESS
# which will be always initialized to IP address and
# netmask of the network interface which you run
# snort at.

Editing this should do the trick, unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

- John

--
John Sage
FinchHaven, Vashon Island, WA, USA