[Snort-users] accessing archived data

East, Bill eastb at ...3694...
Thu Oct 4 06:24:02 EDT 2001

Please forgive what is obviously a newbie question...

I've got snort and ACID running happily and today I started playing with the
archive functions under mySQL. I've created the archive database, added its
particulars to the acid_conf.php, and apparently successfully moved events
from the live db to the archive. Now what is the simplest method of going
back to review the archive? I've played with the idea of creating a second
acid directory on the web server with a different acid_conf.php, but I was
wondering if there is a simpler method that I am missing.