[Snort-users] snort and nmap

Rob Collins robtompc at ...131...
Wed Oct 3 18:09:05 EDT 2001

I've got snort on a box with nmap.  while running
'snort -vd -i lo' I also run 'nmap -sT 127.0.0.1';
this works fine and I see some 900 tcp packets fly by.
 But while running 'snort -vd -l eth0' and running
'nmap -sT 192.168.1.5' (which is the valid eth0 ip
address), I see no tcp packets at all.  What is
happening?

BTW, I've got Mandrake 7.2 for now. :(

=====
--r
"Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again." -- F. P. Jones