[Snort-users] Snort project update

Wayne T Work wwork at ...3179...
Tue Oct 2 23:43:02 EDT 2001

Marty,

Sound like your are moving forward very well and welcome back to RAT Race.
Ya need to stop having so much fun at the SANS conferences. They will wear
ya out but they are great for info, fun and meeting geeks like us.

I understand that you might be looking at building out appliance like
sensors. Maybe even Sun boxes with the new 1U Netra. Nice little box. The
Cobalt looks like a pretty snappy box too. The Cobalt server offer a great
deal of Preconfiged Software stuff for snort. Linux on an Intel
Architecture. BUT I still like the speed of the SPARC architecture and its
inherent ability to used it's internal resources such as memory without
gasping for air. Just MHO. I do a LOT of NT as well as Linux and Solaris
thru 8.

Keep in touch.  Please send me ANY info on your future endeavors. I work
for a MSP that has a great future in Security offerings.

Talley Hooooo!!!!!!!!

Wayne

<http://wwork@...3179.../>wwork at ...3550...<http://wwork@...3179.../>com