[Snort-users] Snort rules questions

John Sage jsage at ...2022...
Tue Oct 2 22:49:02 EDT 2001

Sloan:

I'm running snort-1.8.1-RELEASE on RHL 6.2 on a Pentium 150 with 96mb
ram, -b binary logging all traffic on my external interface, a low
volume dialup.

top shows snort at 1.4% memory usage.

This box is also running an ipchains-based firewall, a caching-only
nameserver, apache, emacs... but I'm *not* running X..

What sort of connection are you watching?
What else is running? X? Get rid of it; the cli is your friend.

How many rules?

Snort sez I've got about 95...

- John

--