[Snort-users] Log Rotation

DeBerry, Casey CDeBerry at ...3349...
Tue Oct 2 12:04:10 EDT 2001

Running snort 1.8 on solaris 7. In the past, using linux, have had success
with log-rotate script.. but it used the gcc date function to call previous
days date.. ie:
PAST=`date --date='1 day ago' +%b%d_%Y
This ran as a cron job at 12:01 am and worked great. Solaris however, does
not use gcc date.. I guess I could run my own bits, but thought there was
something out there that might be a little bit more elegant. I need to run
snort in a distributed environment, and thought plugging to a database would
create too much overhead. Mabye ACID? Anyone have ideas or input.
Cheers,
Casey DeBerry
cdeberry at ...3349...