[Snort-users] Re: Snort-users digest, Vol 1 #1104 - 14 msgs

Dennis Henderson hendo at ...3663...
Tue Oct 2 05:29:03 EDT 2001

Alexander,

I made a custom ruleset called Noise Reduction.  I put all my false
positive rules in there and changed alert to pass.

I use the "-o" option to reverse the evaluation order that snort uses to
test traffic.

With -o, "pass" rules are evaluated before "alert and log".

My rules can update all day and life goes on.  It seems to work for me.

Hendo