[Snort-users] browser hangs with newest ACID

michi at ...3624... michi at ...3624...
Tue Oct 2 00:08:03 EDT 2001

Hello,

first of all thanks for the answers.

I have tested with switching $db_connect_method from 1 to 2, but that has no
effect (thanks Steve).
I've bumped my limit up to 16 M for PHP, now I got the error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted.

It seem there is a memory leak in acid v0.9.6b15 ?
With acid v.0.9.6b14 all but archiving works fine with my browsers.

Best Regards
Michi

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Halligan" <agent33 at ...187...>
To: <michi at ...3624...>; <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 8:40 PM
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] browser hangs with newest ACID

> > since update to ACID v.0.9.6b15 my browser (now Netscape
> > 4.78) hangs after
> > some work with ACID.
> > After closing and opening the browser everything works fine
> > for about 2
> > minutes.
> >

> Try setting $db_connect_method to 2 in acid_conf.php, if it isn't already.
> Tell me if that has any effect.
>
> -Steve

I'm experiencing the same behavior (and have been for some time). I get it
to hang using Netscape 4.75, Mozilla 0.9.3 and IE 5 SP2.

I compiled PHP with memory limits, and just recently installed the memory
limits patch (since it was broken before). I've bumped my limit up to 16 M,
and now I don't usually get the "Allowed memory size" error, but everything
still hangs.

acid 0.9.6b15
adodb 1.31
mysql 3.23.41
apache 1.3.20
php 4.0.6 w/ memory limit patch (
http://www.php.net/do_download.php?download_file=php-4.0.6-memlimit.diff.gz&
source_site=download.php.net

)
snort 1.8.1
Hello,

since update to ACID v.0.9.6b15 my browser (now Netscape 4.78) hangs after
some work with ACID.
After closing and opening the browser everything works fine for about 2
minutes.

Sometimes I got also the error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted at
zend_opcode.c:48
(tried to allocate 11520 bytes) in
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 1703

I am using:
acid v.0.9.6b15 with newest cvs-updates
adodb v1.31
mysql v3.23.37
apache v.1.3.19 with php4.0.4pl1 and ssl enabled
snort 1.8.1
netscape 4.78 browser

Could anybody help me or have the same problem ?

Thanks and best regards,
Michi