[Snort-users] barnyard to db

Andrew R. Baker andrewb0x29a at ...131...
Mon Oct 1 16:40:05 EDT 2001

--- Mike Poor <sp0re at ...1708...> wrote:
> is there any db support through barnyard?   I read the documentation,
> and other than through the traditional snort output to MYSQL
> and other  unixodbc outputs, there was no mention of
> db output from barnyard.

there are not currently any database output plugins available in barnyard.
 I have contemplated porting Jed's database output plugin over to
barnyard, but there are other things that need to be completed first.

> I noticed that in the lecture you gave at IO Wargames,
> you were mentioning 20,000 writes per
> second though barnyard, compared to +-800 with MYSQL output
> plugin from snort, and was wondering if that was to a
> database, and if so, which one?  Is this something for the future?

The benchmark mentioned was obtained using a high speed embedded database.
 I will let Marty talk more about that if he wants to.

-Andrew