[Snort-users] multiple snorts to 1 mysql database

Madziarczyk, Jonathan than at ...3657...
Mon Oct 1 15:43:04 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I'm currently attempting to log a *nix snort box to a Win2k box running
snort/mysql/acid.  I am able to successfully log to mysql locally on the
win2k box thanks to the directions provided by Silicon Defense.  I have
compiled snort on the *nix box --with-mysql=pathtomysql (I didn't really
install mysql completely since I'm not logging to the local box, but it went
through with no errors) and have the following statement in my snort.conf:
output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=NOT dbname=snort
sensor_name=linux host=10.1.4.150 port=3306

I then went into mysql and added the user snort at ...3658... to the
database with the same permissions that snort at ...274... had(I can see it if
I do a "mysql> select * from user;")  Makes sense to me so far.

However, when I try to run snort, I get the following:
.......edited for space.......
Using LOCAL time
database: compiled support for ( mysql )
database: configured to use mysql
database:          user = snort
database: password is set
database: database name = snort
database:   sensor name = linux
database:          host = 10.1.4.150
database:          port = 3306
database: mysql_error: Access denied for user: 'snort at ...3658...'
(Using password: YES)
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,