[Snort-users] Snort 1.8.3 Released
roesch at ...1935...
Thu Nov 29 19:21:03 EST 2001
Snort 1.8.3 is now available on the Downloads page at
http://www.snort.org. This is a bugfix release with little additional
functionality, but some of the bug fixes are important:
* Fixed potential crashbug in frag2 (IP defragmenter) under Linux
* Fixed flexresp code, session sniping should work again and
be faster as well (added TCP packet caching to flexresp)
* Fixed ICMP decoder and printout routines for new ICMP header
data structs in decode.h
* Added -B command line switch to translate IP addresses in pcap
files from one subnet to another for obfuscation/publication
purposes (see the man page, implemented for the Honeynet Project).
* Added spo_log_null to give users an option to deactivate logging
output from the snort.conf file.
Martin Roesch - President, Sourcefire Inc. - (410)552-6999
roesch at ...1935... - http://www.sourcefire.com
Snort: Open Source Network IDS - http://www.snort.org
More information about the Snort-users