[Snort-users] Starting out: Question

Madziarczyk, Jonathan than at ...3657...
Thu Nov 29 11:30:04 EST 2001

Brian,

I assume you've read the links here:
http://www.snort.org/documentation.html#win32
and already have Snort installed.  Mr. Roesch has some great documentation
on the process for installing onto the Win32 platform.

If you're asking what I think you are, you're trying to find out where to
enter specific command line parameters for running Snort.  If you followed
the install above you should have a registry key similar to below:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Snort\Parameters\"AppParameters"
The "AppParameters" key is where I enter my command line parameters and it
works for me.

For what parameters you want or need, the standard Snort documentation
should be sufficient.

Happy Snorting!

JonM