[Snort-users] "Bad Priority setting"

Stuart Grimshaw stuart at ...4204...
Thu Nov 29 08:41:06 EST 2001

For one reason & another, I've had to compile snort on one machine & run it
on another, Both machines are Debian 2.2 installed from the same CD, though
the machine I used to compile has other stuff on it. Both machines should
meet dependancies.

I've copied the binary, *.rules & snort.conf files over & when I run snort
every rule gets rejected with the above error message.

I installed snort origionally from the .deb package, which ran fine, but kept
crashing. In an effort to reduce the workload I trying to use database
logging, hence why I've had to compile again ...

--

| Stuart Grimshaw <stuart at ...4205...>
| Chief Operations Officer
| Football Networks Ltd