[Snort-users] Snort Speed

Mike Walter mike at ...3781...
Thu Nov 29 05:12:02 EST 2001

Hello,
	Yet another question about Snort and Speed.  I am now running Snort on a Dual PIII 1.13 Ghz system with 256 MB of ram and a pair of 40 GB ATA 100 drive mirrored with a hardware controller.  I am using this system as a test to see if it runs quicker.  The main page seems to open quicker, but when I do queries like list by source IP and then sort by number of occurrences, it still takes a long time to bring this up.  Now I know that IDE drives are not the 100% best to use in server type applications, but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas.  I am running snort 1.8.2, Acid v0.9.6b18, and ADODB 1.54.  I currently have 31,336 alerts in the database.  Any thoughts?
	Thanks,

Mike Walter,
3z.net a PCD Company,
PCD Network Solutions, Inc,
"When Success the Only Solution  t h i n K  3z.net"
www.pcdnet.net
www.3z.net