[Snort-users] Compiling mysql support for remote database

Neil neil_h at ...4198...
Thu Nov 29 00:07:04 EST 2001

Hi,

Sorry if this is elementary/been asked before (I had a search but found nothing on it).

I'm compiling snort on Solaris and I want to direct the alerts (via the snort.conf file) to a remote mysql database on a Win98 machine.

I see that I need to include the option '--with-mysql=DIR' at the configure stage, but I'm not sure what to do about the 'DIR' bit here, as the database won't be local.

Is it possible to specify the remote mysql database at this stage, or is there some way to compile with mysql support added, so I can redirect the output with the conf file later?

Grateful for any responses,

Rgds,

Neil