[Snort-users] Rule management

Roman Danyliw roman at ...438...
Wed Nov 28 08:13:06 EST 2001

An upgrade of your snort.php script will be required.

The fields iphdr.ip_src0 - 3, iphdr.ip_dst0 - 3 have been deprecated for
efficiency and flexibility in favor of ip_src and ip_dst in database
schema 103+.  See Question #E-1 of the ACID FAQ:

http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/acid_faq.html#faq_e1

cheers,
Roman

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Matthew York wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have installed snort with mysql support, I have PHP, and Apache
running
> fine, but for some reason I am getting these error messages when I
access my
> snort.php page.

> Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
> /var/www/htdocs/snort.php on line 98
>
> Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
> /var/www/htdocs/snort.php on line 99
>
> Now I have taken a look at the "snort" dbase that I created with the
"mysql
> < /usr/local/snort/contrib/create_mysql" command, and it "appears" that
> there is no tables for certain things that snort.php needs.  Such as....
>
> $Selstr3="SELECT ip_src0,ip_src1,ip_src2,ip_src3 FROM iphdr GROUP BY
> ip_src0,ip_src1,ip_src2,ip_src3";
> $Selstr4="SELECT ip_dst0,ip_dst1,ip_dst2,ip_dst3 FROM iphdr GROUP BY
> ip_dst0,ip_dst1,ip_dst2,ip_dst3";
>
> I have left open my snort.php page to the outside world... for now.
(hehe)