[Snort-users] restart code error RH 7.1

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Tue Nov 27 11:38:15 EST 2001

"Madhav Diwan" <mdiwan at ...200...> writes:

> but then again :  so does this :
>

> /usr/sbin/snort-plain -A fast -b -l /var/log/snort -d -i eth0 -c
> /etc/snort/snort.conf -D
>
>  note i have two binaries snort-plain and snort-mysql in /usr/sbin
>

> Here is the problem !!!

So the symlink was missing and/or broken.. hrm.

> WARNING : if you installed snort 1.8.1-current via tarball it places the
> snort binary in /usr/bin/ and the SNORTD file calls only "snort" .. not
> "snort-plain" or "snort-WHATEVER" .
>
>  you must manually edit the snortd file to call the particular binary
> instlled by the rpm you want to use... Note edit  both the start and
> stop cases

Well, the rpm is supposed to fix the symlinks correctly but in the new
soon to be released packages, I do believe I made a symlink fix that
should always be executed.

There should be a symlink from /usr/sbin/snort -> /usr/sbin/snort-mysql
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>