[Snort-users] Snort - poor man's content filter?

Dell, Jeffrey JDell at ...2148...
Mon Nov 26 11:29:03 EST 2001

If you want a poorman's content filter, try Squid
http://www.squid-cache.org/ with DansGuardian http://dansguardian.org/. They
work well together.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW) [mailto:Paul.Sheahan at ...2218...]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 2:02 PM
To: Snort List (E-mail)
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort - poor man's content filter?

Anyone out there using Snort as a web content filter? If I create custom
rules to search for certain vulgar words and place the Snort sensor next to
my proxy server, I am easily able to detect which people in the office are
surfing inappropriate sites and transfering improper files. I was wondering
if this could be a long term solution for content filtering or if anyone out
there is using it as such?

Thanks,
Paul