[Snort-users] Snort - poor man's content filter?

Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW) Paul.Sheahan at ...2218...
Mon Nov 26 11:03:02 EST 2001

Anyone out there using Snort as a web content filter? If I create custom
rules to search for certain vulgar words and place the Snort sensor next to
my proxy server, I am easily able to detect which people in the office are
surfing inappropriate sites and transfering improper files. I was wondering
if this could be a long term solution for content filtering or if anyone out
there is using it as such?

Thanks,
Paul