[Snort-users] AW: (Snort-users) Alerting thru printer

sandro.poppi at ...3316... sandro.poppi at ...3316...
Sun Nov 25 23:46:04 EST 2001

Hi Alex,

I think there is no direct output module for that but you can use swatch if
snort is configured to log to syslog/file. With swatch you can call any
script/program when a given string is found in the log (this works on
linux/*nix). You only have to gather the required information from the log files
within the script.

You might take a look at
http://www.lug-burghausen.org/projects/index.html#snort-stat where I described a
sample swatch config which can be adjusted to meet your needs.

HTH

So long,
Sandro