[Snort-users] execvp problem

John Sage jsage at ...2022...
Sun Nov 25 13:56:01 EST 2001

Richard et al:

Is this maybe a path error?

man 3 execvp says:

"...[the execv and] execvp functions provide an array of pointers to
null-terminated strings that represent the argument list to the new
program. The first argument, by convention, should point to the file
name associated with the file being executed."

or something like that...

/* he thinks it's a wild shot in the dark, but what the hey.. */

Try starting snort by specifying the full path to the executable.

- John