[Snort-users] MySQL DB optimizing

Jason Lewis jlewis at ...2449...
Sun Nov 25 06:14:01 EST 2001

While searching for ways to speed up my DB, I found the OPTIMIZE TABLES
command for mysql.  I wrote this script to optimize ALL db's and tables on
my server.  Your tables must be type MYISAM or the optimize won't work.

BE WARNED.... YOU USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

That said, I haven't had any problems with it.  I run it frequently if I
have deleted a lot of data from the db.  I figured someone here would find
it handy.  It could easily be modifed to run from cron, but that might be
risky.