FW: [Snort-users] Sending Alert Via E-mail

Fadzly Zainuddin fadzly at ...3997...
Fri Nov 23 21:31:02 EST 2001

Dear Friend,

I'm connecting my Snort IDS machine together my mail server in the same hub.
I just wonder why my IDS could not detect anything when I scan my mail
server port. When I scan IDS machine port , my IDS able to detect. I send a
port scanning request from external PC. Theoretically when I scan my mail
server, my IDS machine should receive a same thing because hub will
broadcast right? Am I correct or I need the specified a special command.
Current my command is

./snort -dev -l ./log -h xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24 -c snort.conf

Please Help

TQ

Regards,
Fadzly