[Snort-users] Snort on Linux Help

David Wilkeson davelist at ...4123...
Wed Nov 21 14:03:04 EST 2001

I agree. I just installed Ethereal and it sees exactly the same thing as
Snort does, so it isn't Snort.

I have plugged my Windows machine running Snort into the exact port that
the Linux box is plugged into and it sees everything, so it definitely has
something to do with the Linux box.  I haven't had any errors compiling
various versions of libpcap, nor installing the RPMs.  Additionally the
syslog indicates that the interface is going in and out of promiscuous mode
when I start and stop Snort.

Dave