[Snort-users] (no subject)

Lsalas lsalas at ...4119...
Tue Nov 20 14:27:12 EST 2001

i had the same problem, help me, please.
Currently installing Snort 1.81 on a window 2k box with sp2.
Created the CGI and Logs directory with read and write access on both with
executables scripts and executables. When I try to run the test upon
installing it I get this error.

  --== Initializing Snort ==--

[!} ERROR: Can not get write access to logging directory log.
<directory doesn't exist or permissions are set incorrectly
or it is not a directory at all>

Fatal Error, Quitting

i created the log directory c:\log and the SNOT have the option -l C:\log, but when I press the test button, snort display the console with this messages.

please will write to me , to my email address ,please.

Thank you

regards

Luis Salas