[Snort-users] Snort & logging to MySQL on another box

Steve Wingate steve at ...4100...
Thu Nov 15 19:29:02 EST 2001

Does anyone have a link to an online walk through on snort logging to MySQL on another box? I'm trying to set up Snort 1.8.2 on OpenBSD with logging to MySQL 3.23.42 on a Sparc 20.
I'm getting an error that says mysql support is not compiled in this copy, yet I configured/compiled successfully with
./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql , which is the directory mysql is installed in. I only installed the client on this box, since I want to use another box as server.