[Snort-users] Barnyard questions

Andrew R. Baker andrewb at ...950...
Thu Nov 15 15:53:01 EST 2001

Jason Lewis wrote:

> Does barnyard keep a connection to the db only when inserting data or is it
> always connected?  At least what is the target behavior?

Barynard should maintain a connection to the database at all times.
However, it does not currently have code to handle a dissapearing
database connection gracefully (ie spin on lost connection until
reconnect).  So you could be seeing a symptom of barnyard losing
database connectivity.  I have all the code written to handle this
properly, I just need to integrate it into the database functions.

-Andrew