[Snort-users] Professionalism

Mike Shaw mshaw at ...3165...
Wed Nov 14 07:22:14 EST 2001

Honestly, any shop that would select any MS product over Snort is whacked
to begin with--whatever the reasons.

I think this is why open source has had the success it has.  It puts a
premium on functionality and stability over corporate marketing BS.  If we
start injecting image and a 'professional appearance' into the priority
list, then we can say buh-bye to the superiority of the product and hello
to slick interfaces.

The prior poster made a point.  What VP or member of senior management goes
through the conf file?  These people should be by definition Techies.  Any
techie who thinks that the porn statement makes snort suspect and not worth
using is likely to be running a pretty cheesy shop.  If they are not
techies and they want to look through the files......best of luck to you.

If you want professionalism, fill out a P.O. for one of the professionally
developed products.  If you want to effectively fulfill your professional
responsibilities AND help the bottom line then go with Snort.

-Mike (a different Mike)